Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find the bolts that hold the the mounting brackets on the steering gear box to the frame?! I had to cut and remove the bolts that were on it due to them being so rusted and stripped out. Can some please help me find a bolt set kit?! Or maybe find out the size of the bolts that I need please any help will be truly grateful!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know where I can find the bolts that hold the the mounting brackets on the steering gear box to the frame?! I had to cut and remove the bolts that were on it due to them being so rusted and stripped out. Can some please help me find a bolt set kit?! Or maybe find out the size of the bolts that I need please any help will be truly grateful!!

I'm saying this from memory, and I'm old so it may be wrong, but 7/16-14 comes to mind.

I know the two on the bottom that attach the mount to the steering gear are that thread size. And I used 1" with washers.

Pretty sure the other bolts are the same size.

And I used grade 8 as well - bought them from McMaster-Carr.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If it’s a power steering gear box, you should be considering a 1 piece mount that comes with new hardware instead of the crappy stock brackets.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts