Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a beater 1986 Jeep Cherokee. It has a 2.8 V6 with auto trans. From what I can find out it should have either 3.55 or 4.10 gears. I can get it for $400.00. It is supposed to run but leaks oil from the rear main seal. I want to get it and run it as long as it will run and then scrap it out. Will the Dana 35 in it fit in my 1991 YJ?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I am thinking about buying a beater 1986 Jeep Cherokee. It has a 2.8 V6 with auto trans. From what I can find out it should have either 3.55 or 4.10 gears. I can get it for $400.00. It is supposed to run but leaks oil from the rear main seal. I want to get it and run it as long as it will run and then scrap it out. Will the Dana 35 in it fit in my 1991 YJ?
Should but don't waste your money.. At least if you wheel it or you are thinking about it.. The D35 isn't worth the well anything but scrap or a replacement axle for a DD non wheeler jeep.. Look for a D44 or Ford 8.8

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
I'd wheel the hell out of that Cherokee. That's what I'm going to go for this summer. High mileage Cherokee that I can beat on.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
:doh:pPS Sorry

I miss read your post.. yeah go for it.. I love the idea.. Something I have given thought in buying a beater xj this summer and taking it town.. I thought you found a D35 and wanted to put it directly into you YJ.. Have fun with the XJ.. There a days I wish I still had mine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts