Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Car

Sky Blue Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Got a cj-7 for a customer/friend sitting for 10 years out in the rain filled with a bunch of parts. Thankfully the tub was lined and painted before being thrown onto the back burner.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wood Wall Gas Tints and shades Concrete

Blue Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Wheel Bicycle wheel
Engine harness was a absolute mess and needed to be removed. Bunch of crappy wire nuts were used to add aftermarket crap. Got a fun weekend ahead trying to get everything right. Body harness is just as bad. Plus got the tank out ready for a new one

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wheel Tire Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Blue Automotive tire Vehicle
Decided to pull the tub off and do a proper job cleaning everything. Coat the underside of the tub, set in a new engine, and build a new exhaust as you can imagine its all rusted and scabby beyond repairs

·
Registered
04 lj with GRTOPS half cab conversion 05 rocky mountain 06 rubicon with banks sidewinder turbo
347 Posts
but look what you'll have when it's finished

·
Super Moderator
14,299 Posts
Set in a new engine?? Maybe a Small Block Chevy? Advanced Adapters may have a kit to make the swap easy.

You can contact the lift company and ask them what the paint code is for the lift, then use that paint to paint the firewall and fender aprons.😄

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: EJKWW

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Set in a new engine?? Maybe a Small Block Chevy? Advanced Adapters may have a kit to make the swap easy.

You can contact the lift company and ask them what the paint code is for the lift, then use that paint to paint the firewall and fender aprons.😄

Good Luck, L.M.
No, the owner got a reman 4.2 keeping it original in that department

·
Super Moderator
14,299 Posts
I didn't realize the Jeep belonged to a customer. It's rare to have a customer willing to pay what it might cost to do a job like that.
For the last half of my career I owned an autobody shop. What stands out in my mind was a customer that paid me $13K tp paint a Porsche that was worth $8K once it was done. That was in about 2004. Before we started, I advised him of the value. He replied that he had the car since college and never liked the color. He was very successful in his career and stated the money didn't matter. That was one of about a dozen jobs like that over 20+ years.
When we were done, the car looked like day one when it was new in the showroom. It felt good to be able to give him what he wanted. I hope your customer's Jeep comes out as well.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't realize the Jeep belonged to a customer. It's rare to have a customer willing to pay what it might cost to do a job like that.
For the last half of my career I owned an autobody shop. What stands out in my mind was a customer that paid me $13K tp paint a Porsche that was worth $8K once it was done. That was in about 2004. Before we started, I advised him of the value. He replied that he had the car since college and never liked the color. He was very successful in his career and stated the money didn't matter. That was one of about a dozen jobs like that over 20+ years.
When we were done, the car looked like day one when it was new in the showroom. It felt good to be able to give him what he wanted. I hope your customer's Jeep comes out as well.

Good Luck, L.M.
Definitely going to put alot of love into it, i feel like i owe it jeep as a whole been my favorite vehicle iv ever owned. This cj is deserving of everything its getting

·
Super Moderator
14,299 Posts
It seems you understand the responsibility a shop owner has to his customers. There's more to success than the amount of money a person makes. To see the joy that a customer feels when they pick up their vehicle (or any product that a tradesman produces) is worth as much as the money. Then you know the love and sweat you put into the job was worth it. I wish you the best.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts