Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve replaced the flexible plastic circuit board, the indicator lights, and cleaned all of the contacts in the gauge cluster. Everything works and is well lit!

Except for the clock. The second hand moves forward 1 second and then the next second it moves backward 1 second.

A year ago the clock worked perfectly. Over the months, it would have the wrong time every time I drove the car, but was still running.

I know I can buy a replacement, but the look is totally different!

Should I attempt an internal clock repair? Other ideas?

Thanks so much!!

·
Super Moderator
10,658 Posts
If it's broke I don't think there's much you can do to make it worse.

I'd start by removing the clock and examining the mechanism. Perhaps a tiny drop of oil in the critical parts of the mechanism. Look for corrosion or dirt.
Maybe blow it out with compressed air and give it a try.

Look for a used clock?

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
Or look at the bright side...
It is right twice day

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Four times a day if you count the backwards second. lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well - did it work? I have same issue and prefer to keep the original components. And I get a kick out of resurrecting them when I can.

Also - is there a dedicated section on this forum for used parts? I don't see it if there is...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mine did the same thing the more i fiddled with it the worst it got until it just gave up the ghost. It just looks nice sitting there but I'd like to replace it with a working one. If you find a source let me know. I'll be looking too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts