Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow jeepers. I am new to this site, any site actually and though Ive had jeeps all my life I have never attempted a major task such as this, so I am asking for some guidence. Any coments will be greatly appreciated, so thanks ahead of time. I have an 89 wrangler, 258,5 speed, slight body lift. I purchased a 4.0 FI out of a 92 wrangler (I think, that is what I was told) and want to install it in my jeep. Im not a mechanic by any means and alot of terms are greek to me but I am sure Im handy enough to do this. Questions are: 1; What type of computer do I need? 2; Is hesco the only place to get a wiring harness? 3; Which lines are supply and return on the fuel rail? 4; How would I go about changing to a electric fan? 5; Ive looked at alot of forums on the net but am still confused on terminology, ECO,ECM,TPI etc, Is there a source to explain which sensors and computer parts are which? Im looking forward to this but a bit nervous so Id appreciate any and all comments. Take care.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Why are you changing motors? It would be a lot cheaper to just rebuild your current engine or buy one already rebuilt. Any extra money could then go into a rebuilt tranny and transfer case.

I have put another motor in my jeep. There was always something. If my engine put out the power I was looking for, I would never have done it. You would save yourself a lot of headaches by just rebuilding the stock engine.

I am not clear why you want that other motor when the engine that came with your vehicle is great.

Take care,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts