Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my 1989 Jeep Wrangler with hard doors, soft doors, hard top, soft top, bikini top, carpet, and soft top half door inserts. It's basically all you can ask for when it comes to stock add ons. The Jeep is stock besides the air conditioning, fuel injections, and the paint job which is a military tan. I am planning on building it rugged to have maximum protection while keeping light weight. I'll post my pictures throughout the process and if anyone viewing has any advice let me know! Anything at all! Here are some pictures of my YJ:

IMG_1710.JPG-1.jpg

IMG_1713.JPG-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Nice Jeep!..if you want to build it tough start with the gears and axels, then you can go to bigger tires, lift, etc.. you didn't say if it was 6 or 4 cylinder ...folks will be more inclined to offer advice if you post up your rig stats in you sig. Welcome!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 6 cylinder! With Fuel Injection and Air Conditioning. Brand new radiator. It has the brand new paint job which obviously isn't factory lol. The rest is stock. I am having a horn issue, it isnt working any tips on where it could have gone wrong or the most common issue is? I know it could be almost anything from the horn itself to the wiring or button. Lmk!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Unplug the horn and run some wires over to battery to test..or just pull it off and take overy to the battery...that will tell you if it's the horn or the switch...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered the sound system today. I order Select Increments Intra-Pod and the Versa-Pods along with a Sony stereo to complete the look. The Intra-Pod is a center console with a locking top and a built in amplifier and subwoofer.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Sound System is in!!! It all cam in today! I can't wait to install it and see how it plays. There's a picture in the thread but I'll also list what I purchased to get all the perks:

Intra-Pod with 8" Kicker Subwoofer and Amplifier - $539.99
Versa-Pods with 4" Kicker Speakers - $129.99
Sony Sony DSX-A405BT Bluetooth - CD Stereo Receiver - $159.95

I hope it's all worth it! It should be Kicker is a killer brand so should work real well!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Interested to see how u like the intrapod...need to replace my stock console...nothing wrong with it just doesn't have a lot space for storage on the outside.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Starter burnt out today... Kind of upset about it. The person I bought the Jeep from didn't care to tell us that the ignition spring that releases the car from the point in which the starter is triggered, is actually broken. So I drove for an hour with the starter on and it's now at the garage because it won't start. Also I found that in Massachusetts fender flares are a must and I need to put on 6" fender flares in order to cover my tires to pass inspection. I guess I am starting to realize how much of a money pit my baby will actually be!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Having a lot of issues getting the horn to work. Horn didn't work when I bought the vehicle. I bought a new horn and have everything hooked up properly and still doesn't work. Can anybody help?

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
It could be any number of things, you just need to eliminate things one at a time. You can verify the horn works by directly wiring it to the battery. Once you know it works, you just need to follow your electrical current from the ground back towards the battery. Are you getting current across the wires at the horn? No... how about at the positive wire and a direct to battery ground? No... trace the wires back to the horn switch and test there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts