Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I changed the brakes, pads and rotors, on my 1990 jeep and now the brakes grind constantly. It is only my front brakes making this sound, both sides. When I first heard it I thought it was a wire or something scraping while driving. I changed the rotors and pads on the rear as well, its a ford 8.8 front is stock dana 35. I dont know why they would be scraping like this, but it is driving me insane.

The rotors are from autozone, but im not sure the part #. I thought they might be to thick so the pads couldn't disengage, but I measure their thickness with a micrometer and they were at 24.1mm, which is well within spec from what I can find online. On top of that disk brakes never disengage fully so that really doesn't make any logical sense anyway.

I will try to get a video and upload it to youtube so you guys can hear it. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this, on a jeep or any vehicle and if so how to solve it.

Brake pedal pressure feels perfect and it stops smooth and strong as ever.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was it. I looked at it before, but it was the part that connects around the tierod bracket. Thanks a lot even though it was a simple fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts