Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1990 Jeep wrangler. I just replaced the starter because it would crank several times but wouldn't start. It seems that it would crank so many times that it would drain the battery. At first I thought it was the starter (original) so I replaced it. But it still won't turn over. The battery was replaced about 6 months ago. I have had to jump it or push start it every time now. Is it the battery? Is it possible that the battery could have been defective? The ignition sensor was just replaced 2 months ago. I hit a tree about a month ago and every since then it's been doing this. Please let me know.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That's odd. The battery is new but you still have to jump start it? I guess it is possible that you may have gotten a defective battery. Because I don't see why you'd be able to jump start it. That means everything is working correctly except the power source.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did think of a defective battery. If I jump or push start it the battery indicator inside says it's at 14 amps which means a good charge. When I turn it off for about a half hour it won't start again. Maybe I should replace the battery and go from there. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Have the battery charged and tested, its a free service at most auto parts stores.
If it checks out good then do a diagnostic check of the charging system, i have seen many batterys replaced due to failure to properly recharge after its been discharged or just a bad connection in the cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts