Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I am going to try and keep this blog updated. I have a 1990 YJ with a 4.0 HO (1992 Cherokee), AX-15 with NP 231 (1998 TJ). I am currently running 33s on the YJ, and plan on staying with 33s.

Two days ago my spider gears blew up at 55 mph and destoyed my little Dana 35. I got lucky and found an 8.8 from a 1997 Explorer Eddie Bauer. I am only spending $100 on the 8.8. Axle code D2 equals 4.10.

I need some suggestions on the best conversion kit.

I know there is ALOT of information out there about this swap, but all that info is a little over loading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just did the swap on my 93. The first question is are you staying spring under or going spring over? You use different perches depending on which one.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ended up using the knowheretojeep.com install kit. It came with everything you need. The kit is easy to use if you can weld, or know someone that can weld. I went for a ride today and everything is awesome. I pulled the O-ring on the brake proportioning valve with excellent stopping power. The 4.10 is an excellent upgrade too. I just need to find a 4.10 front end now.

·
Premium Member
3,316 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
If you search it out you can find what you need. There was a post recently with a link to a fab shop making everything you need. They had a good product with good reviews. Sorry I didnt save the link, figured I could find it again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts