Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had the computer replaced as it was not working. Now with the new old one it starts and runs but when the Map Sensor is connected it dies. The new old computer has the same S number but the last alpha in the number differs from the old one. Old was a C and new old In is a D. The old one has mfc by Honeywell and also Bendix. The new old one Bendix only. Hon bought Bendix back in 90ish. Q: Could the new old computer be programmed different to cause the MAP to make it die. Or is it something else. Thank you in advance for comments.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've had issues too with the computer changes. I do believe there is different computers used in between model years and or 4 vs 6 cylinders.

Maybe somebody with more experience can chime in?

·
Super Moderator
12,718 Posts
Find a post by Got it at last. In his signature there's a free link to several Factory Service manuals and a couple Factory Parts Manuals.
Open that link and click on the manual that you need.
With the Factory Service Manual you might find a way to see if the problem is with the MAP.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts