Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well where to start. I have a 1990 yj. I want to take it offroading but don't know where to start I'm not talking about rock crawling just going down some trails to start off. I want a lift and bigger tires. Just don't know where to start. Pictures are attached. Oh a few other thing I wondered about mpg I'm maybe getting 200 miles out of a tank. Is that good. And I'm having some hesitation issues when first driving off.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
200 miles per tank is about normal

If you want to go offroad, just do it...

If you want to modify your jeep, you need a goal...
Probably the first choice is tire size...
Stockish, 31's, 33's

·
Super Moderator
10,471 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Mr.Clark,

What's your definition of "off road".
You've already been off road, judging by the pic of your Jeep down by the water.

The above posts suggest "Just do it". I agree.
I might add, on this forum main page, scroll down past the alphabetical vendor list to the state specific forums and post in the forum for your state for easy novice trails and for perhaps someone to go on one of those trails with. Some Jeep clubs or individuals also post upcoming runs or meet and greets in the local state forums.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
2,621 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Do yourself a huge favor and spend some time reading posts, get an Idea of what all goes into bigger tires for example, Tire size will bring things like lift kits, shocks, gears all into play.

Take it out and do a good Off road test, think about how hard you want to wheel and what you need to get there, formulate plan and research the parts before you go ordering everything and have to do it all over again after you change your mind. And you will..

The guys on here have done everything imaginable from mild to wild and will be happy to offer up all the advice you can handle to save you time heartache and money.

Besides, it's a Jeep, The first thing your gonna need is a good set of shop tools and clear some space on your workbench, your gonna need it. LOL

Welcome and Congrats

Reactions: JonStevens
1 - 5 of 5 Posts