Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of a 1992 yj which has replaced axles from Ford 4x4 truck.

Here is the stupid Q of the day ;

The body is higher due to larger wheels and the leaf springs being placed on top of axle.

The owner replaced the axles himself and says the vehicle is actually more stable post modification.

I like the jeep but am concerned about roll over due to a higher center of gravity.( I am a novice w/ regard to these issues.) Any thoughts?

Thanks Tom

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
What size of tires? With the leaf springs being over the axles (SOA) is one of the most poplar lifts and I do agree that it is more comfortable to drive but with any lift being taller means you need to go wider. Does the rig have a sway bar with sway bar links? That way you wont flip over going around a corner.

It's all right everyone is a novice in the beginning and remember ask people that have been there and done that. Oh and post up some pictures! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
if the axles came out of a full size ford it will be wider.I have had many springer overs with both stock and wider axles and have had no problems with stability

·
Mr Jeepy of California
466 Posts
For starters croak, don't listen to me when it comes to Jeeps. Only ask Dragon :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts