Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 93 jeep wrangler. AC blows cold while idling and at low speeds. But when I get on highway at higher speeds or just go faster it blows bit not cold. Could this just be from low on freon? I wouldn't think that would be the problem because it will freeze you out of the jeep when idling or cruising at low speeds... Any suggestions. Also, is this the old freon system or the R134? Thanks

·
Registered
309 Posts
Don't have the exact answer to your question but worth a bump. I have ac in my 94. Are you sealed up real well? I would think it could be pulling in more hot air from outside while at highway speed.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A 1993 will be R-12 unless it was retrofitted to R-134a. You can tell because the service port fittings on R-12 will have screw threads on the outside of the fitting R-134a fittings will be a quick disconnect style. The only real way to tell is to use a set of A/C gages and see what the pressures are at the different RPMs. Your problem could be as simple as low refrigerant to a bad expansion valve or a blockage in the system. Have an A/C shop put gages on it and have them tell you what is wrong , most will do that at little or no cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts