Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My blower or blower motor for my AC started making some loud noise and then just stopped. It will barely move sometime when you cut it on and off. The compressor kicks on just fine. So, I'm guessing it's the blower motor going out. I can see where it is under drivers side dash, but was wondering if someone could tell me how to remove it to replace it. I don't want to take stuff off to get to it that I don't have to. Also, could it possibly be bad wires to the blower motor. It seemed like I seen a little smoke coming from down there. I know in a chevrolet I used to have I just took the blower out and freed it up and it worked like a champ. Thanks.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm not going to be much help on telling you how to get that blower out because i'm still new to the wrangler scene and haven't had the need to mess with mine but........
i do know that what you are describing sure sounds like the blower is shot. you should NOT see any smoke from down there and if you , either your blower is shorting out or is frozen up. it's trying to turn and will end up melting the wires. i would not turn that blower on. get a replacement and get that one out of there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts