Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Newbie here. Have been reading up on these great 4x4s, but am not too mechanically inclined.

Just bought a 1993 YJ from auction, 103k miles, great condition, 5spd, 4.0L. The YJ has 31 inch tires, so its obviously lifted. How do I find out what type of lift and how much lift it has? 2.5 or 4 inch? Or if it has been shackle lifted?

What would be some stuff to check out to make sure things are working properly. Descritpions, links, pics to help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can stuff 31s on a YJ with no lift , but they will rub. A 1 3/8" shackle lift will clear them easily. If you post a pic of the shackles and a side shot I can probably tell about how big the lift is. If it has lift springs, they will more than likely have a part number still painted on them if they're not too old.

·
NASCAR JEEP!!!!
470 Posts
Hi all,

Newbie here. Have been reading up on these great 4x4s, but am not too mechanically inclined.

Just bought a 1993 YJ from auction, 103k miles, great condition, 5spd, 4.0L. The YJ has 31 inch tires, so its obviously lifted. How do I find out what type of lift and how much lift it has? 2.5 or 4 inch? Or if it has been shackle lifted?

What would be some stuff to check out to make sure things are working properly. Descritpions, links, pics to help would be great. Thanks!
you should be able to easily tell if it has a body lift on it. check out the mounts, if you see spacers between the body and the mount, then you have a lift on it. no spacer = no body mount.

and welcome aboard!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts