Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

I was trying to install a remote starter c/w with alarm but cannot find the ignition/start wiring harness coming from the ignition/start key.

Is it inside the steering column shroud? Is there a way to connect this remote starter/alarm wires without day lighting the steering column shroud?

By the way, the jeep is a 1993 YJ Wrangler Sahara 6.0 engine with manual transmission.

I really appreciate any help from you guys, thanks a lot...

Best regards,
Ed

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
6.0 engine? Is that a typo or did you do a Vortec swap?

I have manuals in my signature. Go to the 93-95 folder, wiring diagrams YJ. You should see a wiring diagram in there.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,453 Posts
Really not trying to be a Smartass here, but I would question the wisdom of a remote starter switch on a manual transmission. With our notoriously mediocre E-brake system, you might be flirting with disaster if you trigger the starter while vehicle is in gear???

If you just need a remote starter switch for servicing the jeep why not go with a OTC remote from autozone or harbor freight.

If your looking for a kill switch application I'd go to the fuel pump circuit.

I'd stay away from chopping up anything under the dash if possible, lots of opportunities to disturb something else and end up with no lights or gauges etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like to install the alarm that comes with the remote starter and the only way to do it is via ignition wiring harness, thanks...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Again not being a smartass, but why do you need to put an alarm on your YJ. I know for a fact that a box with duct tape is more secure than my Jeep. I would go with a tuffy lock box, either a glove box replacement or under seat box or even one in the back by the tailgate to secure whatever I put in the Jeep. With a soft top and half doors they would cause major damage to the Jeep before the alarm would even sound.

I just leave it unlocked and don't leave anything inside worth stealing.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts