Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did covered the word "wrangler" with clear coat to look is part of the paint, I didn't finished yet because I need to paint the half doors and install new bumpers. Also after I painted I had to wait a few months (that's what I read on the net) to polish but the wind didn't like my tent and flew away with it and I never polished :rant:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow! The restoration is looking great. Any plans to lift it or anything like that? Winch lockers, etc? Where are ya going with this build?

Reactions: pc1p

·
Registered
618 Posts
nice.

I would like to paint mine. What did that involve? Did you sand it down to primer ? What kind of sprayer? Or where did you find info?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow! The restoration is looking great. Any plans to lift it or anything like that? Winch lockers, etc? Where are ya going with this build?
Thanks, I plan to install a winch and 2 extra lights in the front, I also may lift but will look better if I buy bigger tires but with a 2.5 engine I?m not sure if is a good idea.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice.

I would like to paint mine. What did that involve? Did you sand it down to primer ? What kind of sprayer? Or where did you find info?
Sanding took me more time than painting and I did primer and used a 2 stage painting, I did buy the paint and primer from Eastwood, if you never painted then watch YouTube videos and read what the professionals say, I think I watched 100's of videos. I didn't sand all the way so that?s why I got the primer and paint from the same place and the primer should block anything (chemicals) from the old paint, or at least that's what the salesman told me lol
The sprayer was from Lowes and cost me around $60

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts