Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I JUST BOUGHT A 1994 JEEP WRANGLER YJ WITH A 4.0 ENGINE,STICK SHIFT. SEEMS TO BE IN GREAT CONDITION,BUT HOPING SOMEONE CAN GIVE ME THE PROS AND CONS OF THIS MODEL JEEP.

·
Super Moderator
10,295 Posts
Welcome to the Forum retspeej,

One big pro is that you should have an external clutch slave cylinder.
Another possible pro is you might have a dual diaphragm brake booster if you have anti-lock brakes.
Both of the above are common upgrades for older YJs. Not that converting to anti-lock brakes is common, but the DD booster is a handy upgrade.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I recently bought a poppy red 94 too 😃... same specs 4.0 manual... im using it as my daily driver... so far I got 2000 miles on the jeep and the biggest pro its the smile I get each time I drive it! One “Con” is the money you’ll wanna spend Making it your own 🤣
So far I love mine!
cheers

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Luckymac, I've considered buying a jeep for years and finally went for it. Have to say its a blast hitting the off road trails, everything I was hoping for and more.. now I'm looking forward to learning more about the yj and the upgrades available for it. your feed back has been very helpful. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought mine trail ready but your right I can already see my wish list growing. I'm good with it, I'm thinking it will be part of the fun ;) except the digging in the pocket part.. :(

·
Registered
729 Posts
The only con I can find with a YJ is the fact that some parts just aren't available or take a lot of searching to find a quality replacement.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts