Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello new friends! I am looking to put in an offer on a 1994 Wrangler SE/YJ 4.0L I6F with 137,000 miles. This person is like the 8th owner no AC...manual transmission. The Carfax says it had "left side damage" in March..but nothing listed about an accident. The person selling it bought it at auction. Without seeing it in person..I got him down to $3,500 from $5,300. Please weigh in with your expertise!

·
Super Moderator
10,505 Posts
Welcome to the Forum randolphesforel,

Without seeing the Jeep in person, nobody can really advise you.
It seems to be a good year with good options and low miles for the year.
Post some pics.

If the frame is rusted, it's a parts vehicle.
I'd be suspicious of a seller that would negotiate with you without you actually seeing the vehicle. If he asks for a deposit without you actually touching and driving the Jeep (and actually touching and examining a good clear title) I'd flee.

If it's too good to be true, it usually is. Scams abound.
Let us know how it goes.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: randolphesforel

·
Registered
189 Posts
I paid $5k for a very solid 95 and felt like I got a very fair price. It was a West Coast Jeep, through it had a few years in the Midwest and some salt exposure. Bone stock, but solid.

They go from $4k to 7k here depending on Mods and rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I paid $3500 For this one as it looks here
with 92,000 miles on it

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Registered
124 Posts
Fresh cheap looking paint job, IMO, screams check for rust!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seats are not factory.

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
If it was bought at auction, and painted that poorly, (Door Latches and all), I think you should keep looking for more options. Who knows what else is hiding under there...

·
Registered
777 Posts
I’d go look at it and drive it. Crawl all over and see what you can find.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
looks decent but the paint job is shoddy it could be full of bondo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Result: Hard pass!

Everything you guys said was correct! Interior was beat..seats were ugly.. it drove like resurrected junk. Black paint in places was already bubbling. Only two out of all the gauges worked etc etc etc. I ended up with a new Gladiator since I actually never had a new Jeep before and it was basically almost everything I wanted for years! Thank you again everyone..you have made me feel welcome here already!

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
YJ to a Gladiator, Damn.... Sounds like the cost was going to be about the same anyway after repairs. LOL Congratulations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts