Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my 2015 jk in for service and guess what is sitting in the showroom floor. A 1994 YJ. I don't know anything about it other than it is manual and the 6cyl which I'm assuming is the 4.0l??

Anyways $10 raffle ticket and it could be mine. Just want to know more info on YJ's like factory axles, gears etc. all the technical stuff about it.

Thanks in advance for the responses!!!

image-4149153030.jpg

image-3603168282.jpg

image-2796997385.jpg

image-2062271686.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
If you want a chance to win a JK, we are giving one away :)
Jeep Giveaway 2015

Why would you want a JK when you could have a YJ?! :lmao:

Oh yeah...to the OP. Spend the $10 and get a ticket. What do you really need to know about it? Except for $10, plus tax on declared value and license fees, you could own a Jeep.

On second thought, it will probably still end of costing you a few grand. Save your 10 spot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Why would you want a JK when you could have a YJ?! :lmao:

Oh yeah...to the OP. Spend the $10 and get a ticket. What do you really need to know about it? Except for $10, plus tax on declared value and license fees, you could own a Jeep.

On second thought, it will probably still end of costing you a few grand. Save your 10 spot.
leaf spring are the only claim for fame with the YJ.

you are under power to begin with and i don't see your YJ draggin a JK behind you playing tuggle war.

·
Registered
457 Posts
leaf spring are the only claim for fame with the YJ.

you are under power to begin with and i don't see your YJ draggin a JK behind you playing tuggle war.
My YJ does plowing, not dragging. I think JK's are too busy being towed themselves to worry about a tug of war!

Besides, I'd rather only be a couple of grand into it when it ends up being towed, not $30K+ And you know as well as I do, they both will need to be towed at some point!

As far as "claim of fame", YJ's are the most affordable Jeeps out there, and some of the most capable.

Unless, of course you're talking about leather seat, electric window, automatic climate control, blue tooth, traction control, airbag, 4 door soccer mom capable.

:rofl:

·
Registered
144 Posts
YJ dun have enough HP to even step up to a JK.

that there is your main reason why YJ is affordable, its under power.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
SO a JK has 202 HP vs a 4.0 YJ which has a measly 190 HP.

Lets also look at the fact that a 4 dr JK weighs in at 4340 pounds vs a YJ at 3241.

A JK has to move 21 pounds per pound of HP and a YJ only has to move 17 pounds per pound of HP.

I am not sure how you can argue that the YJ is under powered versus a JK.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here in upstate NY, we got a TON of snow this year (still some on the ground!!!). My little 150ci under powered 4 cyl with the crappy (as everyone suggests)AX-5 plowed 4 driveways (one very long) & the perimeter of 5 acre field so my m-i-l and my wife could walk the dog, all winter long. There was never any question weather or not the old junker would do what I asked of it. With the cost of the Jeep & the plow & the rims & snow tires, I am barely $3500 into it. Plus in the summer I take the roof & doors off and keep it that way until it gets cold.

Try doing that with a JK and the homeowner plows they offer nowadays. Keep your horsepower!

Back to the OP. Spend the $10, win the YJ, sell the JK and keep the change. You wont be sorry.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice, Huh? Look at those piles from the underpowered Junker. Yeah baaaaaby!

DSCN2585.jpg

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Didn't expect quick responses haha. Thanks.

As for the power: not concerned. If I wanted the most powerful and fastest vehicle I would have never bought my current jeep!!!

I'm definitely buying a ticket and trying to win this thing.

Are the manual tans and transfer case on this thing any good? Or should I swap it out when I win it?

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
Could be 4 or 6 cly.. appears to have body lift... dana 35 rear dana 30 front... No ac..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Could be 4 or 6 cly.. appears to have body lift... dana 35 rear dana 30 front... No ac..

It's a 6. I opened the hood and looked. There are some body spacers in there. About 2in. And yeah, no ac but it is a jeep so haha

·
Registered
457 Posts
thats a nice photo of your truck and love the plow man.

which plow is it?
Thanks.

Western 6'6" Isramatic Mark IIIa. Does a very good job and fits the Jeep nicely. I have to put about 400 lbs of sand in the back when it is on otherwise it is VERY front heavy. Not too hard to take on & off. But it is old style, the pump, motor cables & lights stay with the Jeep. Makes no difference to me.

I was looking at getting a plow for my Tacoma. All I could get was a light duty one for about $1200 more than I have in the entire Jeep/plow set-up. Go figure.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Didn't expect quick responses haha. Thanks.

As for the power: not concerned. If I wanted the most powerful and fastest vehicle I would have never bought my current jeep!!!

I'm definitely buying a ticket and trying to win this thing.

Are the manual tans and transfer case on this thing any good? Or should I swap it out when I win it?
Trans & xfer are fine. Leave 'em alone.

Looks like the raffle Jeep has been painted. Shiny fender flares & no wrangler emblems on the rear quarters. Also the wheels are off a later model. Also appears from the pic of the drives seat, that it has seat covers. Frame is also VERY black. If it spent it entire life on or around the salt water of Virginia Beach, it could be a rust bomb just waiting to explode. Caveat emptor...it may be a highly polished turd. Just saying!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts