Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 95 Jeep in the garage that needs a horn...looking under the hood...there are no horns (fiberglass tilt front clip) and and I don't see any loose wiring.

Easy enough to run a wire from the horn relay but...

Would like to know where the original horn wiring ends and starts under the hood, color would help also.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
drivers side fender

·
Super Moderator
12,668 Posts
Your '95 wiring should look more like what agalloch07 has in his pic than what I have in my pic of my '87.

What looks like a grey wire is the original wire to a single horn. I added the white wire when I added a second horn.
The horn didn't work when I got my Jeep, so I bought a pair of horns (one Hi note and one Lo note).

The relays are for the headlight wires that belong to a homemade headlight wire harness to provide greater voltage to the H4 headlights without taxing an already problematic stock headlight switch.

Do you have access to a Factory service Manual? A FSM will have the necessary schematics to discover what color wire is supposed to run from the relay to the horn.

Good Luck, L.M.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts