Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last week something happened that I've never had happen before. I was dropping my daughter off at school and I noticed that my dash lights weren't on. My headlights still worked and the blinkers did to.

When I got home and parked it, I checked out all the fuses. There was a 20 amp fuse that was blown, so I replaced it and then checked the relays under the hood. I turned on the key to check the dash lights and they still didn't work. The 20 amp fuse blew again, so I replaced it again. Now the dash lights work again.

However, when I tried to start it, it would turn over, but the fuel pump isn't turning on.

Long story short, I've replaced all 4 relays under the hood, installed a new fuel pump and also replaced some bulbs in my taillights and sides over the front tires. It turns over when I try to start it, but the fuel pump still isn't "kicking" on and it won't start. I feel like somehow, power isn't getting to the fuel pump.

Does anybody have any ideas on what I could check next? I'm all out of ideas.

Thanks.

:surrender:http://www.wranglerforum.com/images/smilies/confused.gif

·
Registered
459 Posts
What fuse blew ????

That's important information to know.

·
Registered
958 Posts
You check your domelight fuse? Also, remove the relay and check for 12v at #30. If not, sounds like you have a short somewhere.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you checked to see if it is throwing any codes? May point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The fuse that blew was the "park/taillight" 20 amp.
that has to be a coincidence. That blowing wouldn't stop your fuel pump. Mine would blow everytime I ran a trailer and used the brakes and turn signals. Jeep still runs. Was it running before you switched all the relays? Maybe switch them back?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it was a coincidence too. It was running fine until I parked it. All four relays have been replaced and are new. The fuel pumps not engaging when the key is turned on. I'll have to check the codes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts