Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what ECM number comes in a 1995 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L automatic or where to look for the OEM number on the net ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dead end

Yes I did read this post and unfortunately it also ended in a dead end. He was looking for 56028828 which he received lists from other jeep owners that never listed that number. The dead end answer does this ecm fit a manual or an auto trans in a 1995 wrangler. It is now 2015 and it is still unanswered. Is that number interchangeable? On eBay that number is listed as a manual only but the part store says it is for an automatic. It sure would be great if I could buy a part that everyone agreed on what it fit. I too have that ECM number above. His post was in 2008 and must have never completed the list he was trying to compose.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
What did you find on the repair web site??

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
I found this in files tonight it has what your looking for

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
That is a very rare combo. The 2.5 was only available with an auto in 94 and 95. Rumor has it that Jeep made it an option when they realized they were going to run out of manual trannys before the TJ debuted in 97.

Anyway, I have one in the garage being built right now. The vehicle I'm working on was originally sold in California, but I can find no evidence of any California emissions controls on it. I only mention this because it may impact the ECU it uses.

My ECU has a Barcode sticker on it that reads:

56028 832 AJF201CG51 04/19/95

1 - 9 of 9 Posts