Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I recently acquired my moms jeep after my brother had a little accident and hit a tree. I have already started rebuilding all parts are in order I also went ahead and replaced the brakes and some lined including power steering lines. Also ordered a rough country 2.5 inch lift kit for it with all new springs and shocks. I have all the parts on order I will keep everyone posted on the rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice job on the rims and the tires look great. Did you check the frame to see if it got bent from the accident? Hope your brother fared better than the Jeep did!! Keep us posted on the progress.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. yeah we checked the frame it looks good im not sure how he managed to do that much damage without hurting the frame looks like he totally missed the frame when he did that. i plan on doing some regearing eventually but that will probably be a little later.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah no doubt. I am planning on putting some 4.88 gears in it right after I get it painted will keep y'all posted

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I'm still waiting to get it back from my mechanic it was suppose to get the transfer case rebuilt. When he hit the tree it forced the diff back and the front driveshaft split my transfer case. Well turns out I need a whole new case if I would have known that I would have done it myself but anyway it costed me $725 for a new case I should have it back next week and I'll post some pics of the lift and tires.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Following this rebuild.

I wish I had the skills to do a rebuild like this. Great job so far!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Little update on the jeep I have decided to raptor line the outside of it will probably begin doing it the 1st of the year till then I will keep everyone posted with pics of prep work and other stuff

·
Super Moderator
10,648 Posts
Because the axle got pushed back far enough to break the TC, I suggest you check your Left front spring for a sheared center bolt or perhaps it even being bent.

Have you pulled the top of your cowl forward so that your drivers door will align?
You can use the old hood hinge and a come-along or bolt the damaged fender back in place at the top and pull on it.
Or a combination of both.
If you pull on a fixed object (tree or utility pole) you may have to block the frame under the cowl. Put the tip of the left frame horn against the fixed object and use your tree protector that you typically use for recovery as the other point to pull from.

The best way to align the cowl is have a body shop do it. It can be done in a "backyard" setting but will still require some sturdy tools.

I enjoy following builds such as yours. Don't be shy about asking questions.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little updat I stripped it to the tub today will be raptor lining the inside next week will keep everyone updated

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well here it is everyone had a little setback due to waiting on my hood to come in so I went ahead and painted everything but the hood and fenders figured I would give a little update of how that went. The silver raptor lining turned out great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took some bondo and time but looks good

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've never been a fan of lining the exterior but yours looks really good. Did you spray it or roll it? How long did it take to dry?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I sprayed the outside at 65 psi that way it would be a nice fine texture. Not 100 percent sure on the dry time but it is dry to the touch in 2 hours. Would not recommend driving for 24 hours after painting tho.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts