Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning... I have been searching for my "next" jeep for quite some time. Having previously owned a CJ 7 and loving it (then came marriage, kids and minivans) Now that the monkeys are all older i have decided to get back into a jeep and actually enjoy driving again. I have recently come across a 1995 Rio Grande. It has the 2.5 (not overly worried about highway driving, speed etc) Automatic transmission (I do have concern). The body and the frame are absolutely clean, No rust anywhere. The soft top is still in great condition, but has a rear window slit in it (i am sure this can be replaced) It is all stock except for newer steel rims and tires. engine and transmission have 120,000 miles on it. All in all it looks, and drives clean and here in michigan the lack of rust on this is rather unique. Price once i pay tax and title, plate will be about 4k. Any tips, hints etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
If its a rust free piece that runs and drives as it should it sounds like a decent deal. I wish mine had an auto the 5 speed AX-5 is a real piece of crap. If you ever decide to go for a 5 speed swap let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have a 95 Rio Grande 5 speed and I love it! Mine was FAR from "clean" when I bought it, and I still paid more than that for it. But around my area in KY Wranglers seem to sell worth their weight in gold regardless of condition..

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys... After further review i Decided to RUN away from the deal. My search goes on!!!! Did come across a 91 renegade that i'll be looking at tonight! Warm weather is approaching and i so want to go topless!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts