Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my Jeep family :)

I've been reading to this forum for a looong time, in thoose days i finnaly found some time to describe me and my project. Sorry for any typewriting fails and all of stupid questions that will come.

My name is Roman and im coming from Slovenia (small country in Europe). Im into Jeeps for a few years now. First we had a '93 2door cherokee and then me and my girlfriend purchased a proper Wrangler because we always wanted to have one.. Well it's a 1995 with 4.0 engine.

So here we go...

Project started with a trailer ride home because the Jeep wasnt in best shape.

Sheep wasnt running quite fine, the clutch was slippins so first thing to do was replacing the whole clutch kit.

No more TC and gearbox, flywheel is still OK.

Note to self: remove all the driveshafts or tie them somewhere or use a helmet while you work :D

Engine was leaking oil so we replace the oil pan seal but we forgot to change rear main seal (do it again)

New clutch installed.

My better half in the element.

Me and my bro changed all the U-joints on axleshafts and driveshafts because they were all bad.

I have splitted the first post into more pieces because the forum doesent allow me to use more than 15 images in one post..

End of part one :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Part two... (i had to wait for admin to aproove my topic)

While removing the gearbox we saw rotten skidplate.. Because buying new is just too easy we just renew the old one :D

I have purchased this ARB bumper for my girlfriend's birthday :p she was shocked.. in a positive way

Well.. The test drive finnaly arrived. We didnt get quite far :p 100m away from home the carrier exploded because of the bad pinion bearing.

The carrier was stuck so bad... Angle grinder helped me again.. :D

Part3 incoming :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Part3

I found a cheap dissassembled rear axle for YJ just couple of kilometers away..

My friend changed all of the bearings and assembled the axle. Pattern and backslash are perfect. :)

All new breaklines because the old ones was too rusty..

Measure once, cut twice..

Installing the rear axle..

Later that day Jeep was back on his own wheels.

Somewhere, over the rainbow...

To be continued tomorrow, stay tuned.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome! Good thing about the D35 when they go they go..no questions what the problem is.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice looking YJ. Post some interior pictures, if you can. Should you need any help with parts, contact me over PM. I'm from Serbia.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@All : thank you for nice welcome and yes.. you know when d35 blew and why... :p
@alekiq : "pozdrav prijatelju" :)

I would love to have you in my adress book, shout me an private message with email or facebook so we talk :)

here are some interior pics.. interior is prety much basic except the steering wheel, redoned seats and door panels :)

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts