Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm new and this is my first Jeep. I was driving to work thevothervday at highway speed around 70 mph in my 1995 jeep with the 4 cylinder motor when I felt a light surge. Shortly after the engine check light came on. I continued driving around a mile, and then slowly I started loosing power and the motor died. I had 1/2 tank of gass the guage has been working.. After my friend towed me home I put a screwdriver into a plug wire and checked no spark. I then cycled the key on of three times and got codes 12-33-22-23 and 24. I then replaced the crank position sensor, cam position sensor, coil, distributor cap rotor, and throttle position sensor with new items. After cycling the ignition I have fuel when I push the Schrader valve on the fuel rail. But the plugs are dry. Still no start. Maybe it's the PCM? I'm totally miffed. Any help would really be appreciated.

·
Registered
1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
15 Posts
Have you checked the battery connections? Lights all work? Check your fuses as well, with a multimeter not just by sight. When my 95 would die out it was the crank position sensor, but you already replaced that. Trying to recall anything else I may of had a problem with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked the battery connections? Lights all work? Check your fuses as well, with a multimeter not just by sight. When my 95 would die out it was the crank position sensor, but you already replaced that. Trying to recall anything else I may of had a problem with.
Yes thanks, I checked rhem charging system is great with new battery in addition I ran a compression test all cylinders where at 140 PSI

·
Super Moderator
15,022 Posts
Welcome to the Forum @Vettetom

An essential tool to have when diagnosing a fuel injected engine is a fuel pressure gauge. The FSM (see link in post #2) will tell you what the fuel pressure should be for your Wrangler. Both with the vacuum connected and disconnected. In order for your Jeep to start and run, there's a set amount of fuel pressure necessary. Too much or too little and the Jeep doesn't run.
Let us know what you discover.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: armyvet25

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, do you mean If the fuel pressure is not adequate it won't get spark? Because I'm getting no spark. What I'm asking is let's say the fuel pump is putting out half the pressure, would the pcm prevent the ignition from firing?

·
Super Moderator
15,022 Posts
Thanks, do you mean If the fuel pressure is not adequate it won't get spark? Because I'm getting no spark. What I'm asking is let's say the fuel pump is putting out half the pressure, would the pcm prevent the ignition from firing?
I guess I should have read your post a little closer. I focused on fuel at the rail.
The link in armyvet25's link should have a "no start" flowchart. I'd look for that flowchart and follow it.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: armyvet25
1 - 10 of 10 Posts