Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys

jeep noob here, I have a 1995 yj on 31´s, I got a little rubbing on the leaf springs on full turn but I will get spacers later, my question today is about the suspension lift, my leaf springs are almost flat so i have to get new ones and take the chance to lift it a little, I´m planning on the 2.5 in lift kit from rough country, what problems can I run into with this lift? death wobble? extreme angles on shafts? do I need to lower the transfer case? what else?

Thank you so much for your help

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Don't buy wheel spacers, a typical lift should come with everything you need and to drop the transfer case you can use whatever it takes. The slight rubbing can be fixed by adjusting the screw stops on your knuckles. Death wobble comes from worn out parts such as wheel bearings, ball joints and tie rod ends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
While they are more expensive I have become a huge fan of rubicon express extreme duty yj springs....
Great ride, great flex, and very durable.

2.5"springs and new shocks would make a huge difference in how your jeep performs....

X2 on adjusting the steering stops.... doesn't take much

That said... my yj has had tires rubbing springs on tight turns for 10 years now.... hasn't hurt a thing

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I am very happy with my OME lift...it too is a little expensive but my ass and back thank me everytime I drive my jeep..when it comes to lifts you better off spending the money and getting a quality lift. My 2 cents

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I've always wanted to ride in an ome yj to compare to.... I've always heard good things about ome.

I always love when someone rides in mine and braces for a big bump coming up.... then we just glide over it and they get that dumbfounded look on their face.... usually followed w a comment about how this old beat up jeep rides better than their (insert model) car.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I had the opportunity to drive a yj with another brand of lift on it..I see now why folks think these thing ride like tanks...the lift was new so hopefully it will break in some..I told him he could drive mine but said no it would just end up costing him money...lol..I have heard good things about BDS lift kits...never rode a jeep BDS...but a couple buddies have them on there yotas and they ride pretty good on those trucks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts