Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I'd say, don't do it. I think you are getting someones headache. 6inch lift is too much, and you don't know if it was done properly. 4 cylinder with a 6inch lift, I wouldn't touch it. $8000 for a mint stock 1997 auto with 6 cylinders, yes,maybe. But, no way would i buy a 6inch lifted Jeep, with 35's and only 4cylinders. I doubt that it will drive 60MPH without death wobble. It doesn't even have the proper backseat, and I would wonder why the owner took it out. Walk away. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd say, don't do it. I think you are getting someones headache. 6inch lift is too much, and you don't know if it was done properly. 4 cylinder with a 6inch lift, I wouldn't touch it. $8000 for a mint stock 1997 auto with 6 cylinders, yes,maybe. But, no way would i buy a 6inch lifted Jeep, with 35's and only 4cylinders. I doubt that it will drive 60MPH without death wobble. It doesn't even have the proper backseat, and I would wonder why the owner took it out. Walk away. That's my opinion.
Ok thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Stay away. Look at that body lift!!! The fact that he is using is rear CJ seat not bolted it BUT, he has the original TJ seat if you want it??? WTF. What else is probably jimmy rigged on this thing? Im sure it's not re-geared either for those 35's and who knows if he did all of the other things needed to correct the drive line angles.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,381 Posts
All TJs with the 2.5L engine came only with the Dana 35 rear axle which is not strong enough for 35" tires. That TJ's rear axle is a ticking time bomb. Not to mention it would perform like a dog with that size tire. Pass on it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Isn't that the town that got wiped by a tornado 10 years ago and never rebounded?

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Ok thanks
Most of what I know about 4x4 lifts and off-road modifications, comes from knowledgeable people like Jerry Bransford, who do it on a regular basis. So, credit should be given to them. And give yourself credit too, for having the wisdom and forethought to ask before you leap. A worthy Jeep will come along, just be patient, and continue to ask.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Most of what I know about 4x4 lifts and off-road modifications, comes from knowledgeable people like Jerry Bransford, who do it on a regular basis. So, credit should be given to them. And give yourself credit too, for having the wisdom and forethought to ask before you leap. A worthy Jeep will come along, just be patient, and continue to ask.
This is the 4th month waiting lol cant find good deals in my area but i always ask before i buy and been on this forum forever. a jeep is my dream right now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts