Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seeing if anyone has heard of the 4 wheel drive going out or getting stuck in 4 high after a clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, and pilot / throwout bearing was replaced. I had a national chain replace the above mentioned parts and now I can't engage the 4 wheel drive. The leveler appears to have no resistants and can be pull up and down freely. Thanks for the guidance. NoRoadsNoproblem, "unless you don't have your 4 wheel drive"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Follow Up to No 4x4

You were right on point. The linkage was disconnected. Was this something that the shop would have done in order to replace the clutch? Thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
It is. When the transmission is removed to replace the clutch the linkage for the transfer case is undone. Easy fix but sloppy work by the shop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
National Chain comes clean

Base on your information, I confronted PETBoys here in North Colorado Springs, Co and after initially denying fault, they agreed to reconnect the linkage or have another shop do it, which I would be reimbursed for. I choose another shop, investing another day in that company would not be wise. Thanks for your support. Keep on wheelin.

NoRoadsNoproblems

1 - 6 of 6 Posts