Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With a heavy heart that I've decided that this is the next logical step for the build. Time to close this chapter and move on with either something in better shape or something new.

I will begin to put some prices on some of the easier to pick items but feel free to message me with what you're looking for and an offer in the meantime and I'll get back to you. Would prefer to keep local but I will entertain shipping or meeting up to deliver some of the bigger parts. I'm located in central Connecticut in Higganum.

Here's a high level overview:
- Hardtop has some minor damage in the corners but all glass is perfect and hardware is good.
- Doors have no visible damage and are in great shape. Mirror arm is peeling a bit.
- Front driver and passenger fenders are replacements and brand new and still in the box. $150 for both, $80 for one OBO. I've got most, of the light housings as well. Don't have the plastic flares.
- All interior dash and center console plastics, painted black.
- Only one seat, the rest were trashed. This seat is gross but is usable.
- All seatbelt hardware
- Roll bars are intact and in great shape. Fabric was refreshed with fabric paint.
- Brand new stainless steel brake lines. These were just put on last year to replace one that burst when I tried to take it for a maiden voyage around the yard. I think they cost around 140 but yours for $100.
- Front brake disc's and pad's are new. I can find the brand but I bought them through Quadratec. They're the least expensive on the site. Brand new pads as well.
- Brand new Quadratec 2" Coil spacer Lift Kit for TJ & LJ - #16400.0x31. Comes with 4x1 /34 coil spacers, 4x1" bump stop extensions, Front and Rear Hydro 7.0 Shocks and all the additional applicable hardware. Never installed, sadly, and sitting next to the Jeep. :( List is 249,
but you can have it for $220 https://www.quadratec.com/products/16400_0X31_PG.htm
- Steering wheel, Air Bags make an offer.
- The tub is in reasonably good shape. Used spray on bed liner and it came out real nice.
- Sound bar is in good shape, pulled out the stock speakers and started to retrofit new ones in there.
- Instrument cluster is in good shape and already out.
- Exhaust is in reasonably good shape. It was replaced just before I bought the jeep 4 years ago and I maybe ran the engine for a total of an hour the last few years.
- Windshield is in perfect shape.
- I'm sure I could go on and on about specific things but drop me a message and I'll let you know if I've got it.

The Bad:
- 5 Speed transmission does not have 1st gear. Let out the clutch and it just spins
- The motor idles rough and is most likely burning oil. Never got it on the road and never really got to the point where I could drive or see what shape it's in. I don't remember off the top of my head but its probably got 80-100k miles on it.

Below is the beginning of the build thread with some pictures and info about the TJ and some additional shots.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f118/tj-back-to-life-262010.html#post30413113

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there an official way to request editing ability of the initial post from a Moderator for this thread? I'd like to be able to keep a running list of items that have been sold.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Panhanorlando. PM's have gone out to you guys and I'm working on edit capability to create a list of sold parts to keep updated as well as adding prices for other general parts.

As a quick update for now, rear hard top glass/hinges and front windshield & frame have been sold.

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Is there an official way to request editing ability of the initial post from a Moderator for this thread? I'd like to be able to keep a running list of items that have been sold.
PM me and I can take care of editing it for you

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So just a brief updated list of significant parts that I still have:

Full roll bars, pads and sound bar
Brand new front rotors and pads
Radiator (4 cyl engine) & shroud
Tailgate
Tub, in decent shape. Rust is all in the frame.
All interior panels, minus center tunnel panel.
Gauge cluster
Air bags
Steering wheel and all controls

1 - 20 of 43 Posts