Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to remove my center console and put in a short conaile. I got the two bolts out from the console itself. The one by the shifter. I can tell there is one in the front cup holder but it’s covered by a metal disk about the size of a dime. That appears to be the last thing holding the console in. I’m sure it’s a cover I have to pry out but I’ve tried a pick and can’t do it. What’s the trick here? Or am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I just pulled mine and it had either a #15 or #20 torx screw under it. I see you took a pick to it, but seems like it should have cleaned out with that. Pics might help of what you’ve got.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
What’s a “ conaile” by the way? Not that I need something else to put in my Jeep.
:beerdrinking:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What’s a “ conaile” by the way? Not that I need something else to put in my Jeep.

:beerdrinking:

“Short console”. I have fat thumbs!

Funny enough. After I zoomed in with the camera I can tell what this disc is! It’s a friggin’ nickel! Man I guess I need to just keep trying to wedge this thing out. Lol. Thanks for suggesting the pic!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it! And here’s a pic of the short console now just sitting in there. I kinda like.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
@kriendj hey I even googled that and guess what? Google didn’t know what it was either.

Reactions: kriendj

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
I coulda sent you my ex gf's number.... she coulda smelled that nickle for miles n had in her pocket before yoi even knew shr was there.

·
Registered
765 Posts
LOL @ GTG

That console is the same one they put in my '05 SE. Lasted about a month after I bought mine until I put in a full sized Tuffy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts