Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Jeep TJ. 67,000 mile. 4.0, Dynatrac Pro-Rock Dana 44 front, dana 60 rear. 5.5 Long arm.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1998 southern born Jeep. 67,000 miles. 4.0L 5 speed. Upgrades are... 5.5" Rock Krawler long arm with coils, and shocks. 35" Nitto's on Bead lock wheels. Dynatrac Pro-Rock 44 front with RCV axles, 4:88 true track. Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60 rear with 4:88 true track. Vanco huge front rotors, calipers, and larger master cylinder. Rear disc. All stainless lines, with adjustable proportioning valve, ABS deleted. Heavy duty steering, ball joints, and sway bars, front and rear. Poison Spyder rock gliders, front stinger bumper and rear bumper/spare tire carrier, powder coated black. Fresh tune up with new Bosch fuel pump. Rear drive shaft has the slip yoke eliminator kit with 35 degrees of flex. Took seven years to complete, and since that it hasn't been off-road. Only one thousand miles after the changes. I dont use it enough to keep, and could use the garage space.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Hood
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car Car seat cover
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Hood

·
Registered
1998 Jeep TJ. 67,000 mile. 4.0, Dynatrac Pro-Rock Dana 44 front, dana 60 rear. 5.5 Long arm.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have $40,000 invested, and will consider any reasonable offer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did try Craigslist first, local at $28,000. No replies. Next tried Facebook Market place at $25,000, still nothing. The $40,000 invested is with zero labor. I don't want to give it away, but also understand that it needs the right owner. I'm closing in on retirement, and have a daughter getting married, so try I will...

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU 3.6 Backcountry
462 Posts
Thing is, that 40k is gone in the wind. I really do not know what the going rate for late 90's wranglers is, but you probably can't expect more than maybe a 15 to 20% higher than the average price.

That is a sweet looking specimen you got there, hope it finds a good home for a decent price 👍

·
Registered
852 Posts
KBB top price is 15k for excellent condition with every option selected (upgrades not considered). I would say that is your starting point. Now add the upgrades $$$$ and what it is worth to that buyer.
10k in axles alone, correct?

might help sell it if you itemized the upgrades.

looks minty to me.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I did try Craigslist first, local at $28,000. No replies. Next tried Facebook Market place at $25,000, still nothing. The $40,000 invested is with zero labor. I don't want to give it away, but also understand that it needs the right owner. I'm closing in on retirement, and have a daughter getting married, so try I will...
Its a shame that you think you have to sell it, I see it worth the 40, because whatever 90's or other year, that person will not be able to duplicate this. You are in a weird place, worth every dime of the 40k but really worth far more that the 28K easy. Craigslist usually don't have people looking there for this high end of an on and off road vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2014 JKUR
283 Posts
Have you considered submitting it to "Bring a Trailer"? It's an internet marketplace full of sweet special interest cars. I drool over there from time to time, but my impression is that your Jeep is an awesome candidate for that site. I think they are a "bit" choosy with the vehicles, but your's will most likely make the grade.

Good Luck with the sale. It's super nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts