Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.... idk if this has been answered elsewhere but i cant find it if it has. just installed a hoop bumper on my 98 sahara and i cant find where the fog lights should plug into the factory wiring harness. i thought all saharas came with lights so i figured it would be a simple plug and go application. do they plug into the marker lights or turn signal..... tia im a visual learner so any pics would be helpful....lol

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
I don't know about the 98's, but if there is a fog light switch on the dash then you should have the factory wiring.

My 2003 Rubicon wires come out of the engine bay right behind the front turn signals. There is a plug to fit the stock fog lights. If you find the wire and want to replace the fog lights with one that has all metal housing, KC #1131 will plug up. It has an extension that fits the Jeep factory plug and the other end has the Deutsch fitting many aftermarket lights use.

I hope you are not planning to mount the fog lights on top of the hoop. It is not only illegal in most states to run on the highway with auxiliary lighting at or above the headlight level, it would also defeat the fog light function which is to get the light low so it won't reflect back (the reason headlight are so ineffective in moderate to heavy fog). In heavy fog you should be able to run the factory fog lights when only parking and tail lights are on.

If you are going with another brand of non OEM fog lights these may help:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/97109_09X6_PG.htm

They are similar to the adapters that come with the KC fog light #1131.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive mounted them inside the hoop, looks really good, but i havent been able to find any type of wiring. the only wiring ive found has been two wires on passenger side that have been hooked to something but they dont have a plug in pigtail on them. dont know if po has cut the factory ones off or what. there is a fog light switch and relays behind the glove box so im pretty positive there should be something. thanks for the response.

·
Registered
580 Posts
on my '98 the top/front in side of each fender well has a christmas tree retainer holding the fog light pigtail. thats where they should be from factory, if you have an aftermarket relay and switch they may have been rerouted/ removed. keep in mind the factory lights were 55w, if yours are larger you will need to install some extra elec. stuff

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found the wires but the connectors have been pulled or cut or something. guess i'll have to replace those.... thanks for the help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts