Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of replacing the head gasket on my Wrangler.Tonight I refitted the head (all went well).I then went to install the in/out manifold and as I was underneath the car tightening those last couple of header bolts I noticed the gasket didn't seem to line up with the header.After removal (the joy)I compared the new gasket with the old and yeh its different.
I then did a little bit of research on the net and found out there are some head and header differences between the 99 and 2000 models, mine is a 11/99 build date, but appears to have been built to 2000 spec.I come to this conclusion because it has coil pac not distributer.

I should have done a comparison on the new head gasket with the old, but didnt.:doh:
Does anyone know what the differences are on the head and is the 99 spec head gasket that I installed tonight going to be ok on my 00 spec wrangler?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
You have a 2000 model year. I'm not sure if the gasket is different. Always go by the model year (the year listed on title/registration), not build date, when ordering parts. I know 2000 is the first year they went distributorless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts