Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this 99 TJ with only 88K miles. Spent it's life Florida and was garaged. Repainted about 5 years ago that had access some decent painters through his business. Had a 3" body lift, and a few other mods, but basically bone stock.

Started by removing the body lift and replacing it with a JKS 1.25 BL. Also did the Brown Dog 1" MML.

Replaced the stock suspension with Old Man EMU, JKS front and rear track bars, extended rear sway bar links and from disconnects.

Modified the front bumper by cutting off the hoops and the side, grinding the welds and rattle can painting it. Waiting on some Grade 8 hardware before I install it.

Here is how it sits now

Just ordered some 15x8 black rockcrawler wheels to replace the 10" wide aluminum ones. Have to decide on some flares too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dang I have the same front bumper. Great idea making it into a stubby. Can't wait to see it installed so I'll know if the look is for me. Great TJ!

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
Very nice.I like that color.

·
Registered
98 TJ 4.0 Auto, 97 TJ 4.0 Manual, 98 TJ 2.5 Manual
613 Posts
Is that shade of green the citron green that was used in 97 only?

·
Registered
40 Posts
what size tires/wheels and what backspacing do you have on it? i love the look of how wide it is on the bottom and want that for mine

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what size tires/wheels and what backspacing do you have on it? i love the look of how wide it is on the bottom and want that for mine

The tires are BFG AT's 33x12.5

Wheels are 15x8 steelies with 4" of backspacing.

Got the wheels from quadratec for 39.99 each. Great price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts