Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm left with 2 speeds on my heater /AC fan off and hi. Before i start tearing the dash apart i decided to ask you guys. Is there a resistance bank (like i had on other vehicules) or do i have to change the blower motor? And if some knows where to start taking it apart. Thanks.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,127 Posts
Yes, there is a resistor pack that gives all of the lower fan speeds and it is mounted in the HVAC plenum above the kick panel above the passenger-side footwell. A couple small hex-head screws hold it in place, there is a wiring harness that leads to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
x2 on did it fix the problem, also, dont mean to high jack the thread, mine only has high, and the fan wont blow at all on my defrost setting or my blend from foot to defrost, could this also be a culprit to my problem? glad your getting yours fixed, im still at war with mine

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
x2 on did it fix the problem, also, dont mean to high jack the thread, mine only has high, and the fan wont blow at all on my defrost setting or my blend from foot to defrost, could this also be a culprit to my problem? glad your getting yours fixed, im still at war with mine
Usually a bad resistor pack will cause off/high speed only issues. On your vents, it sounds like a vacuum issue. Look under the driver's side under dash and check the slide controls and color coded actuators to make sure they're working and hooked up. Next would be check the vacuum lines under the hood.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actuators appear to be moving on mine, vacuum lines all connected, where exactly are the lines under the hood? Also, right under the battery tray, i have a hose, about 3/4 to inch thick, comes outta my fire wall and makes a 90 towards the ground, any idea what this is?

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
Actuators appear to be moving on mine, vacuum lines all connected, where exactly are the lines under the hood? Also, right under the battery tray, i have a hose, about 3/4 to inch thick, comes outta my fire wall and makes a 90 towards the ground, any idea what this is?
The 3/4 inch line is the drain for the hvac unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts