Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The radiator cracked on my 1999 Jeep Wrangler, I have been patching and re-patching for quite some time now with JB Weld (and several different types of radiator adhesives I've found), but it is definitely not a permanent fix. I've learned that the radiators in these jeeps only last about 10 years, and I now finally have a little bit of time and money I want to replace the radiator.

My question is this:

What are some of the better radiators out there that will not give me as much headache compared to the stock one I have?
And what advice can anyone give to changing them out?

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
I bought the standard one from auto zone. It works fine, but you'll need to grab 4 nuts and bolts because the holes to hold on the shroud are bigger than the stock hardware. It was a bit of a PITA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Kyle, welcome to the forum. I burst the radiator on my 99 this winter, another story..... anyway i went with a OEM replacement from the jeep dealer. A little more $$$ yes, but there are a few configs and I wanted to make sure I got the right one. Pretty simple pull and replace. No problems since replacement, get a new radiator cap too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
...To anyone who is searching this thread looking for information about replacing their radiator.

Turns out, the radiator that came out of my jeep was not that of a 1999 wrangler, but a 86'-87'. From everything that I researched I found that a new Murray radiator for a 99' wrangler was what I needed. Ordered it online, picked it up, and it was too big. I took the old radiator back to O'Reilly's and they were able to match it up with a 86'-87' radiator. I bought this jeep used so how or why it was this way is still a mystery to me, but for whatever reason the correct year radiator did not fit. I just thought I'd share this information in the event it might apply to someone else too.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts