Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm looking to buy my 1st Jeep and found a 99 Sahara with automatic, hardtop, cruise, AC, 93,xxx miles and appears all stock besides a little bigger tires. Clean carfax. I can get it for $8,800.

Seems like a fair deal around these parts. What do you think?

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's a good deal in my area (Dallas), especially if it has no rust (no rust is a given in my area). That's what I paid for my '98 with no hard top.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Seems fair. I bought my 97 TJ (Auto, Dana 44) with 73k miles in September. Paid $7,500.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought my 99 for 7300 super clean with 99k soft top. I wish it was auto.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
It being a auto is nice plus.. any pics or link of sale ad? we like pics around here.. the price sounds really good.. If you like it and it checks out OK.. then go for it..

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Dana 30 Front.. D35 and D44 Rear.. The TurD35 is alot more common in them though.. You'd be stupid lucky if you had the D44 in it

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Oh Yeah well as far as how much stress they can handle. Basically there tire size limitations are the big difference

·
Registered
236 Posts
I just bought a nearly identical rig in SoCal for $9000 plus TTL. A little over $10 out the door. Its been great for me so far except the hardtop is a bit beat up.

·
Registered
16,641 Posts

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
Score! Congrats and your welcome :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also ordered a build sheet from Jeep to see what all it has. They should be emailing it to me today. I couldn't find a way on the Jeep site to print it out so I just called them. Anyone had any luck printing one out from them?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Per the build sheet.
"Lock-Up Torque Converter DHNS Command-Trac Part Time 4WD System DJJS Dana 30/186MM Front Axle DMEP 3.73 Rear Axle Ratio DRK Dana 44/226MM Rear Axle DSAP Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle "
With what I have, how big of tires can/should I run before needing to regear?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts