Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like every time I look something up on GooGle, this site has a ton of hits, so I figured it was time to join. I own a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I lifted it with a 3.25" RC lift kit, slapped some 33" Duratracs on it, and drive it every day.

I am a parachute rigger that works for the USMC as a civilian. :wavey:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WTF? They don't pack their own chutes anymore?
They still pack their own. The 0451 mos (Parachute Rigger) still packs the majority of the units parachutes. Some of the operators in the unit pack their own rigs with our supervision for individual jumps for pay or training away from base.

My role is as a subject matter expert. The turnover rate in the Corps is high, so we have a lot of junior marines that need "polishing" when they get to the shop. That is where I come in. It is a great job, wouldn't want another one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What a lovely LJ you have there. Er - I mean... That's one rad lookin' ride, dude. *gruff shoulder punch*

LJ's are the best. I may be slightly biased, however. ;)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Seems like every time I look something up on GooGle, this site has a ton of hits, so I figured it was time to join. I own a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I lifted it with a 3.25" RC lift kit, slapped some 33" Duratracs on it, and drive it every day.

I am a parachute rigger that works for the USMC as a civilian. :wavey:
Welcome! :wavey:

·
Registered
73 Posts
That is the same set-up I'm putting on my TJ. How do you like it so far?

And welcome. This is a great forum and the people is always willing to help out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the same set-up I'm putting on my TJ. How do you like it so far?

And welcome. This is a great forum and the people is always willing to help out.
I love it, had it for about 2 years, nothing settled. Just rotate the Duratracs at every oil change. I will probably get 30-40 thousand out of them, they ride great and do great in just about everything.:punk:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts