Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2013 JK Sport in Dune this afternoon. Never owned a jeep before but have ridden in a bunch and wow the 13s are nice. Pictures to come.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
congrats on your purchase !!! what rear axel ratio did you get ? hard or soft top? and what transmission?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an automatic hard top with the 3.21 gears. I know the 3.73 would have been better when I do get bigger tires but if I ever do serious off roading with it I figured I would replace those too so save some money now. I am only planning on putting 33s on it for now so that won't be a big issue.

I will use it as my daily driver for now and slowly start modding and I'm sure I will never be done.

Things I need:
Tow hitch with cargo carrier
Grabhandles (wranglin4life I think)
Window tint
Lift- just going to get the teraflex 2.5
Tires/wheels- while its my DD I might just pick up some rubicons off Craigslist.

And I think that's it for the moment. I'm sure there will be bumpers and winches and a lot more but that is what is on my short range radar. Located in San Angelo, Texas serving in the US Army for 7 years. If I see you I will be sure to wave!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-road vehicle

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats, looks like you know what you are doing and you are on your way to enjoying the jeep life. Looks nice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
That is the first dune i have seen that is not a sahara. I think it looks much better with the black fenders. Congrats on the new jeep. i bought mine last wednesday, dont drive it to work and it still has almost 600 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
Congrats...Let the journey begin. :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to our country! Love the Dune color! By the way, your list of mods will grow exponentially.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone. Yeah I hear the bugs get pretty crazy with the flat windshield and grill. Seems worth it to me.

I have heard the list of mods will just keep growing and I already have 10-15 things written down I will at least seriously think about doing.

Love it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi everyone,

Soon to be new Jeep owner here. Used to be loyal Pathfinder owner (MD21 & R50, 1st & 2nd gen). But new one feels like glorified mini-van! It appears that Jeep is the only one that has stayed with its rugged roots, at least down deep. Most of the others have been "city-fied"!

2014 JKR on order... anxiously waiting... :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Congrats..welcome to the forum

I just picked up a 2013 Saraha 2DR last weekend. I wanted one my whole life and I am 53 yrs old. I had 3 corvettes, a SLK 55, 22 motorcycles, GMC Z71, Tacoma, Blazer, etc...but this is my favorite.:dance:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts