Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me say, I bought Jeep to use it not for it just look pretty in my driveway.
But with that being said... I just got my Jeep less than a month ago and even though my husband and I agreed not to go to far off road until we at least got a winch and recovery kit....
We went driving in the Kisatchie National Forest and saw this winding twisting trail that went straight up a steep incline into the forest.
Everything was fine until we drove into a deep bog that was covered by pine straw. The trail was very narrow and we were surrounded by trees. We ended up with a tree wedgie scraping up our front and back fenders and cracking a mirror bracket.
I am sharing this story in hopes that others have similar stories!

Misery loves company!

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Nope, in the couple years I've had my JK and all the wheelin I've done, I don't have one
Scratch or dent to date....lol..

·
Registered
139 Posts
I went to my first Jeep Blessing in Mesick, MI last weekend. My brothers and I took the Jeep on the "stock course" and I immediately embarrassed myself. The off road course was very sandy, and at the first obstacle I didn't have enough momentum and apparently 4 hi wasn't good enough, and I get high centered. I panic and didn't realize I was spinning my wheels shooting dirt and rocks at the jeeps behind me. After I get pulled out, I put it in 4 Lo and the rest was easy. I'm sure the many Jeeps behind me were annoyed by the newbie.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Your jeep will love you for taking it where it belongs.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
My jeep has gotten to the point where I can't tell if the dent in the door is from someone opening their car door into mine or from rocks flinging back from the tires. There are so many marks that they just blend together.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You're doing it right. Look at that mark and remember the fun you had on the trail. Repeat.

Yes, my 4 month old jeep has had trail damage too. I'm good with it. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hillbilly

I agree with most of the above. However, IMO if you have been wheelin for years and have no scratches, have you really been wheeling???

·
Registered
907 Posts
I agree with most of the above. However, IMO if you have been wheelin for years and have no scratches, have you really been wheeling???
It's called being facetious.....Geez..

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Not a newbie screw up, but my first real moderate trail.........Slickrock Road here in CA (not to be confused with Slickrock trail in Moab)........at one point there was a large rock wall on the passenger side. Neither I nor my spotter noticed that I was right up against it until I looked in the passenger mirror and saw the rear fender right up against it. Ooops, nice scrape on it. Thankfully it's not painted so it's not a huge deal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
my wife and i have been searching for a good used jeep to explore the mountain trails around our cabin in the maine mountains. were lucky enough to find a sweet deal on a used '05 TJ. wrangler X. we have ridden quads for several years, but this is our first jeep. we love it! the day we brought it home was sunny and warm, so we decided to lower the top and go for a short ride on the dirt roads around home. the jeep had been detailed and cleaned up to sell, inside and out. it looked sweeet! we drove a few miles and came to the bottom of a hill with a narrow road ascending it. it is an unmaintained township rd. (lots of them here in rural s.e. ohio) it didnt look bad so we started up in 2wd. no need for 4wd yet...right? the road immediately gets steep, narrow, rutted, rock filled, muddy,with a small stream waterfalling down one side. lost momentum, and came to a halt in big hole of mud and rocks, on a sttep incline. no prob!.... we are drivin a jeep! so...just engage 4wd, reverse, and floor it. yep, you all know what happened. all that clean upholstery, shiny glass, polished vinyl, along with my wife an i were immediately treated to a shower of slimy red mud pummelling us from the sky! . the exterior and undercarriage were a new color scheme. red ohio clay and some factory forest green in a few spots. IT WAS GREAT! WE LOVED IT. two old folks laughin and hollerin all the way down the hill in reverse! it took the power washer on "industrial" to knock loose all the clay on the wheels. we love our new toy!! cant wait to get to to maine!!!!

·
Super Moderator
15,384 Posts
my wife and i have been searching for a good used jeep to explore the mountain trails around our cabin in the maine mountains. were lucky enough to find a sweet deal on a used '05 TJ. wrangler X. we have ridden quads for several years, but this is our first jeep. we love it! the day we brought it home was sunny and warm, so we decided to lower the top and go for a short ride on the dirt roads around home. the jeep had been detailed and cleaned up to sell, inside and out. it looked sweeet! we drove a few miles and came to the bottom of a hill with a narrow road ascending it. it is an unmaintained township rd. (lots of them here in rural s.e. ohio) it didnt look bad so we started up in 2wd. no need for 4wd yet...right? the road immediately gets steep, narrow, rutted, rock filled, muddy,with a small stream waterfalling down one side. lost momentum, and came to a halt in big hole of mud and rocks, on a sttep incline. no prob!.... we are drivin a jeep! so...just engage 4wd, reverse, and floor it. yep, you all know what happened. all that clean upholstery, shiny glass, polished vinyl, along with my wife an i were immediately treated to a shower of slimy red mud pummelling us from the sky! . the exterior and undercarriage were a new color scheme. red ohio clay and some factory forest green in a few spots. IT WAS GREAT! WE LOVED IT. two old folks laughin and hollerin all the way down the hill in reverse! it took the power washer on "industrial" to knock loose all the clay on the wheels. we love our new toy!! cant wait to get to to maine!!!!
YES!! :thumb: :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's called being facetious.....Geez..
:lmao: Lol! I caught it the first time... I think I had noticeable scratches the second day I owned it! It's a good thing I am past the point of total looks. If I am going to buy it, I am going to use it! Lol! Battle scars they call them! Lol! :iamhappy:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts