Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to add a 2 1/2" lift to my wife's 2015 Sahara JKU she will never take offroad, she says that what my jeep is for. Originally was going to do a maxtrac 2 1/2" spacer lift, but after I ordered it they changed the picture on their website to one with less parts, even thought the description included all the parts in the old picture. When I questioned about it was told me they were updating their site, and those parts were for the 3" kit.I didn't feel comfortable buying from them and canceled my order.

I next started looking at the Rough Country coil or spacer kit, but looking at their installation say you need a exhaust spacer when its over 2" lift. I have looked at other brands to compare and I am not seeing anyone else saying to install exhaust spacers.

Has anyone else had to install the spacer on the exhaust? Its only $30 more just wondering why I am not seeing other companies saying its needed.

This is what it says on their site:

Rough Country's JK Exhaust Extensions are a crucial component to lifting new model Wranglers 2in or more. These easy to install spacers are fitted between the head-pipe and cross-pipe flanges, effectively moving the exhaust rearward toward the crossmember.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Looking to add a 2 1/2" lift to my wife's 2015 Sahara JKU she will never take offroad, she says that what my jeep is for. Originally was going to do a maxtrac 2 1/2" spacer lift, but after I ordered it they changed the picture on their website to one with less parts, even thought the description included all the parts in the old picture. When I questioned about it was told me they were updating their site, and those parts were for the 3" kit.I didn't feel comfortable buying from them and canceled my order.

I next started looking at the Rough Country coil or spacer kit, but looking at their installation say you need a exhaust spacer when its over 2" lift. I have looked at other brands to compare and I am not seeing anyone else saying to install exhaust spacers.

Has anyone else had to install the spacer on the exhaust? Its only $30 more just wondering why I am not seeing other companies saying its needed.

This is what it says on their site:

Rough Country's JK Exhaust Extensions are a crucial component to lifting new model Wranglers 2in or more. These easy to install spacers are fitted between the head-pipe and cross-pipe flanges, effectively moving the exhaust rearward toward the crossmember.

Thanks
Teraflex says it's needed if you don't change the front driveline. I wheeled it easy for a day after doing Teraflex 2.5 springs PLUS leveling kit pucks and did not hit the drive shaft. But nonetheless I figured it didn't hurt to do it and it might hurt not to so I put the spacers in as preventive medicine. I was wrong about it not hurting - I hit myself in the head with a hammer pretty good while doing it...

If you don't flex it a lot you won't need it. But just once the wrong way and you could tear up the boot on the drive shaft. $40 saves $400.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya makes sense it's not much money, just wondering if I buy a different brand should I still buy the RC spacer to be safe.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Teraflex 2 1/2" lift kit uses short shocks so they say it's not needed. For under $40, it's good insurance when you do flex or use longer shocks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have the rough country spacer kit on mine and have no driveshaft issues.

Added 18/60 and sitting about 4.5" taller and still no driveshaft rubbing. Will be putting in the spacer soon though just for extra clearance.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
So, with stock shocks (no increased travel) is this necessary? I purchased the Rough Country Series II 634. This kit comes with relocation brackets for the shocks to keep the geometry similar to stock. Is a spacer kit necessary?

I'm only asking because I don't want to mess with the skid plates if I don't have to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts