Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M thinking about a 2-3" lift what are some good ones? All I can think of is zone 3 OME 2.5 rancho 2.5 bds 2. Are there any other good choices? Feel free to chime in if u have one of these lifts or another and pics are always welcome!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Rough Country 2.5" kit.. $300... I'm going to try this with 33" Duratracs.. I'm pretty much a flatlander so depending on how it goes I may end up getting a 1.25" BL to go with it..

My buddy at work (04 Rubi) runs the RC 2.5 and the ride is really just as good as my stock 04 X

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
33's are fit in two common ways on TJ's:

1. 4" suspension lift, with 2" bumpstop extensions in front and 2-2.5" in the rear. Requires a SYE/CV shaft.
2. 2.5" suspension lift, with a 1.25" body lift (BL), with 1-1.25" bumpstop extensions in front and 1.25-1.5" in the rear. The 1.25" BL usually accompanies a 1" Motor Mount Lift (MML) to offset some of the driveline angles.

Either way you go, figure on many of the following components: longer front brake lines, extended sway bar links front and rear, gears, brake and steering upgrades to accommodate larger tires, SYE, CV shaft, bumpstop extensions, new shocks, adjustable track bars, and a rear track bar bracket.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the 33s speech lol but I'm mostly just looking for 2-3" lifts that might have slipped my mind while looking for a lift

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
Thanks for the 33s speech lol but I'm mostly just looking for 2-3" lifts that might have slipped my mind while looking for a lift
the lift "kit" is just a collection of components. you can buy those components seperately, you don't have to buy a so called "kit".

so far, i've seen 2-3" springs from the following manufacturers:

Savvy/Currie
AEV (American Expedition Vehicles)
Old Man Emu
BDS
Rancho
Rubicon Express
Teraflex
Rusty's Off-Road
Skyjacker
Rough Country

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
you will hear alot of good things about OME 2.5 lift:thumb: if ur not looking for a real tall lift.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts