Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 4 speed tranny and I want to switch to a 5 speed. Will a 5 speed just bolt right up or is there a major difference ? I really hate the 4 speed as I do alot of freeway driving. Thanks for any tips and help on this mater

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
a 95 2.5 four speed? Auto?? Letme know, if it is an auto there is a lot of work if it is a stick I would love to know what tranny you have now.

Anyway for the trans swaps to AX-15 which is what you really want you need a bell housing, tranny mounts, input shaft to the T-Case 21 -23 spline and then you may need a new driveshaft for length problems.

So it is not real simple but yeah overdrive on the highway is something you really want.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i have a 95 2.5 4cyl 4 speed manal tranny. Really want a 5 speed. When I bought my 95 back in July, I didnt even know they made 4 speeds.

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
jeep hasnt used a 4spd trans since like somewhere around 84-85, so if you have a true 4spd in a 95, it isnt a stock item. Does it just have a 4spd shifter handle on it? Have you ever tried to shift into 5th gear?

If it is an actual 4spd, then you will need to swap out the transmission as well as the t-case

1 - 4 of 4 Posts