Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several of you run the 2.5" AEV DualSport lift and I'm wondering if it is compatible with off-road bumpers? I contacted a local shop here about installing this lift for me, along with the Warn Elite series front and rear bumpers and tire carrier and VR8000-s winch, and they told me that lift would not do well with those heavy bumpers and winch. I've already ordered the bumpers, tire carrier and winch, as well as Rock Crawler side armor rails and plan to have that all installed next week, though not by the shop that has told me about the lift not working. I'm currently still on a stock suspension and 3.73 gears. I planned to have the AEV 2.5" DualSport lift and geo correction brackets put on after the bumpers, tire carrier, winch and rails, and then 35" tires after the lift. Is anyone running a similar setup? I don't really want to go higher on the lift as I don't want to have to replace a bunch more stuff underneath. But I also don't want to install this particular lift if I'm going to run into problems with the heavy bumpers and 35" tires. Any input would be appreciated!

My Jeep is 90% DD with occasional wheeling, and nothing super duper hardcore.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's designed to be used with their AEV bumpers and tire carrier and it should be fine. It's also got progressive springs all the way around, so should have minimal settling. I'd say you will be fine.

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I decided to go with the 3.5" AEV DualSport SC lift, would I have to look at replacing all sorts of other parts? Does the 3.5" kit come with the geo correction brackets, or does it even require them like the 2.5"?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome! Thanks for your input. I know a lot of people run the 2.5" AEV with 35s and I can't imagine why you'd dump all that money into a lift and tires but run stock bumpers. I'm not worried about mpg as I already know I'm going to lose a good bit.

·
Super Moderator
23,483 Posts
If I decided to go with the 3.5" AEV DualSport SC lift, would I have to look at replacing all sorts of other parts? Does the 3.5" kit come with the geo correction brackets, or does it even require them like the 2.5"?
the AEV site has a forum that will answer all your AEV questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts