Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...got a 2002 2.5 four banger with some rusty exhaust. I want to replace it. I have heard of people straight piping eliminating the cat and muffler. My question is has anyone here done that. If so did it throw any CEL and how loud does it make your 4 cycl. I have 130K on it and want to get rid of the cat before it causes any problems...thanks

·
Registered
394 Posts
Won't pass any vehicle inspections or emissions tests in Tx, plus removing the federal mandated cat is frowned upon. Also driving a loud Jeep might cost you a bit more in fines & tickets

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
4 cyl jeep sounds HORRIBLE without decent exhaust...

Ie fkn stooooopid 'tarded loud

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Gofast...that's what I wanted to know...It's no biggie to put a Flowmaster on..but the cat has got to go...and no I do not have emissions testing here and state inspections do not check for cats....they only look under your hood....It's a jeep, not my daily driver....

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Check into Walker quiet SS

I'd gladly trade two flowmasters and a large pizza for one. ;)

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks Gofast...that's what I wanted to know...It's no biggie to put a Flowmaster on..but the cat has got to go...and no I do not have emissions testing here and state inspections do not check for cats....they only look under your hood....It's a jeep, not my daily driver....
Was going by the state you have in your profile, Texas does have emissions and vehicle inspections... or did they change that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emission testing is only in large metro areas DFW..Austin..Houston and San Antone…..Same with inspections;..basically its just a lights and horn check...They will look under the hood of diesels to check if they been deleted...But no one checks for a cat...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts