Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Looking for a 2.5 inch lift. But first I have some questions.

Spacer or suspension lift?

I am going to wheel it.

Also, what brand would you guys recommend?

I am bone stock.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I had the 2.5" spacer lift installed by the dealer. I'm in a 15 Willys JKU so I have the Rubi suspension. The only complaint I can think of is the loss of caster due to being unable to adjust for it. It's not horrible but if you don't expect it you might not be happy.

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
I had the 2.5" spacer lift installed by the dealer. I'm in a 15 Willys JKU so I have the Rubi suspension. The only complaint I can think of is the loss of caster due to being unable to adjust for it. It's not horrible but if you don't expect it you might not be happy.
i'm just curious... do all willys come with 19/60 coils? I have a 2014 willys but haven't checked. I do know that they come with monotube red rubi shocks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Our Willys JKU came with 17/59's. Running a Teraflex 2.5 Coil lift, 1.5" wheel spacers and 315/70/17 Duratracs on the stock wheels. It's sitting lower in the back due to having the stock tires crammed in there.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
i'm just curious... do all willys come with 19/60 coils? I have a 2014 willys but haven't checked. I do know that they come with monotube red rubi shocks.
The only JK that always comes with a specific set of coils is 10A. All though there must be some logic as to how they are selected for other models, no one has been able to figure it out.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Hard to go wrong with a TF 2.5" spring lift and some Rancho 9000s
TeraFlex JK 2.5 inch Lift Kit, W/out Shocks
+1

Those plus exhaust spacers, Northridge bolt kit and Rancho control arm drop brackets and you're good to go. Plenty of threads on those things if you aren't familiar with them. Should ride better than stock, have more articulation and give plenty of room for 35's.

For off roading, I'd go for the spring lift. Spacers give you more height but not more articulation. Even if you don't disconnect, the longer springs (better too IMHO) will give you more obstacle absorbing goodness.

·
Super Moderator
8,177 Posts
The drawback of control arm drop brackets as opposed to replacing control arms is....you give up clearance. Not an issue for folks on pavement or mild dirt road type trails. But If it will be a real "offroad" rig on more than just mild trails, skip the brackets and go with arms. On a 2 door, caster is a bit more challenging than on 4 doors. Look for something with adjustable control arms - all 8 if you can swing it. I know Rock Crawler, Metalcloak make good kits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts