Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! Been doing a lot of research in preparation for a 2.5 lift and 35's.

I am planning to do the lift first and then upgrade to 17s wheels with 4.5 backspacing and 35s sometime after. From what I understand is the stock wheels have a 6.25" backspacing on them and if I do the 2.5 lift, that 6.25" backspacing will be fine with my stock 225/75/16 as long as I don't upgrade the tire size on the stock wheel.

Is this correct or would have to have a spacer until I get my 35s? (which I don't want to do). Thanks :)

·
Registered
939 Posts
You should be ok with the stock wheels and tires. However, the rear swaybar endlinks are going to be really close to the sidewall of the tire. So I would avoid going off-road for the risk of cutting your sidewalls.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Hey all! Been doing a lot of research in preparation for a 2.5 lift and 35's.

I am planning to do the lift first and then upgrade to 17s wheels with 4.5 backspacing and 35s sometime after. From what I understand is the stock wheels have a 6.25" backspacing on them and if I do the 2.5 lift, that 6.25" backspacing will be fine with my stock 225/75/16 as long as I don't upgrade the tire size on the stock wheel.

Is this correct or would have to have a spacer until I get my 35s? (which I don't want to do). Thanks :)
Good question, and it seems like you should be okay. Tire width is the issue, so if you stay w/ stock tires lifting the vehicle should't matter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts