Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just finished up t-case drop in the attempt to get rid of the post-lift-installation vibration. Well, let's put it this way - it substantially downsized it but didn't take care of it completely. Here is what I did. I have RC 2.5" SL, +1" boomerang shackles, 1" Daystar t-case drop, and brand-spanking-new u-joints on the rear drive shaft. It still gets sizable vibration at up to 20 mph and then gradually goes down till it becomes as lows as engine, road noise, etc. To my understanding before I go SYE/CV-shaft combo my last resort would be to try rebalance the driveshaft. If that doesn't work then I'll go with the SYE combo. True example of "... each Wrangler is different in its own way." :D
You could also try shimming the rear to correct the pinion angle. With my OME suspension I went ahead and did the SYE, the slip yoke is a bad design anyway for on the trail... i have no vibration. 2.5" OME with 1" shackles, SYE, ADAMS DS, no t-case drop, or shims.

·
Registered
853 Posts
MellowYellow89YJ said:
You could also try shimming the rear to correct the pinion angle. With my OME suspension I went ahead and did the SYE, the slip yoke is a bad design anyway for on the trail... i have no vibration. 2.5" OME with 1" shackles, SYE, ADAMS DS, no t-case drop, or shims.
Based on what I saw by far it doesn't look that 2.5" SL and a +1" shackles are going to yank the shaft out of the t-case at the point where you're at the most your jeep can flex but it could fold it for sure 'coz the angle is getting too aggressive at that point.

·
Registered
507 Posts
You're right, it isn't mandatory, but the theme of my post is no vibration after the lift.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Based on what I saw by far it doesn't look that 2.5" SL and a +1" shackles are going to yank the shaft out of the t-case at the point where you're at the most your jeep can flex but it could fold it for sure 'coz the angle is getting too aggressive at that point.
The ubolt kits that quadratec sold me have shim's ( 2 sets), and the guys at ARB(OME) told me I wont need them with only the 2.5" lift and OME greaseable shackels. you can have a pair if you need them

·
Registered
853 Posts
MYKIDS95YJ said:
The ubolt kits that quadratec sold me have shim's ( 2 sets), and the guys at ARB(OME) told me I wont need them with only the 2.5" lift and OME greaseable shackels. you can have a pair if you need them
My rear spring packs already had the shims on them as they came. All my shackles are greasable already but thanks for the offer. I'm going to rebalance the rear driveshaft, double-check the skid mounts for tightness, and balance tires. Will see if it resolves the issue

·
Registered
853 Posts
MYKIDS95YJ said:
where can i get new inner spring eye bolts and sleaves?
Rough country. Ask JeepAddOns-Chris. He might be able to help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Hockeymutt said:
just cut them and install new ones it will be a million times faster that way.... and for 8 bucks in new grade 8 hardware that saves you prob 2 hours of time its totally worth it
Agree! It is best to cut and replace.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i did the recpicating saw and after spending 30 mins on each bolt and going through 3 blades we just went out and bought a grinder with cut off well best 20 bucks ever spent each bolt takes less than 3 mins

41 - 60 of 103 Posts